I covered how to add social network buttons to widget area on WordPress.com recently, and thought it might be useful to show how to add an image to the widget area too.
Follow these simple steps!
1) Select the image you want to display in widget area and resize to 200 pixels.
2) Go to ‘Media Library’ in your dashboard and select ‘Add New’.
3) Upload the chosen image and copy the ‘File URL’ – See below:
4) Go to your Widgets and drag an ‘Image’ widget to where you would like it to be displayed.
5) Paste that File URL into the image widget, save and close.
See that ‘I love my job’ image in my sidebar? The above was how I did this.
If you have any questions or need some wordpress advice, you can leave a comment or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.